What can I eat after appendicitis?
Everyone knows that the very concept of the word appendicitis is nothing more than inflammation of the appendix of the cecum. Purulent microbes and undigested food residues contribute to its appearance. After the operation, your life will change in terms of daily nutrition. In any case, it can not be avoided, so let's consider in this article what is possible after the removal of appendicitis. First of all, this is a special diet and no physical activity.
Manifestation of the appendix
- Vomiting and nausea are symptoms of appendicitis, intestinal obstruction occurs.
- Abdominal pain. The whole stomach may seem to hurt. When the pain spreads to the peritoneum, you can determine the place where it is most pronounced. It happens that the appendix is broken inside and then the infection covers the entire peritoneum. Then pain occurs throughout the abdomen.
- If the temperature rises, it means that the body reacts to inflammation, but the signs of the disease can pass without temperature.So this is not an indicator of the development of the disease.
Let's try to make out the logical chain of this phenomenon. The intestines are inflamed, so the appendix will be removed during the operation. You can not even imagine that after removing any parts, your body gets a huge shake and stress. After the operation, the intestines are very weak and it is extremely difficult for him to process the usual, usual food. If you continue to eat your usual food, then only worsen the situation. Based on this, we can conclude that the correct diet in this case is simply vital. First you need to follow a strict diet, it helps to restore your body, gives it strength and reduces the load. Then it will be necessary to maintain the body, and prepare it for the usual diet.
Special diet and its requirements
- Food should be chewed so that it is transformed into mush or mashed potatoes. It is also advised to do so because the food interacts with saliva during chewing, which helps the substances to break down. Thus, the stomach and intestines begin to work better.
- Eating is necessary often, but in small portions.Then the gut works fine, without any load.
- It is forbidden to consume milk and solid products, even if they are prepared in the form of a puree. The diet of your food should be from broth, rice broth, tea, jelly, broth hips and jelly.
After a couple of days, after consulting with your doctor about what you can eat after appendicitis, add the following products:
- Healthy soup must be cooked in water, you can add carrots, potatoes, onions, zucchini, beets. But on the fish soup, pea, borscht and okroshka, you can forget for a while.
- The second dish can be varied with vegetables, scrambled eggs, mushrooms, casseroles. It is advisable to steam them. But without adding mayonnaise and ketchup.
- In the postoperative period, they are just perfect: rice, buckwheat and oatmeal. Porridge is very useful, and they can add vegetables.
- Meat and fish stabilize proper intestinal function. From fish, preference is given to the sea, with vegetables and cereals. And meat is best consumed diet, such as rabbit.
- Milk, kefir, yogurt is better absorbed in the form of heat.
- Berries and fruits.The use of pomegranate improves immunity and increases hemoglobin in the blood. Also useful: strawberry, raspberry, peach, orange and tangerine. Pears, grapes, contain sugar in large quantities, so do not overdo it.
- The permitted sweets include: marshmallows, prunes, honey, dried apricots, persimmon and dates. But the goodies in the form of cookies, cakes and various cakes are not recommended.
What is forbidden after appendicitis
You are familiar with what you can eat after appendicitis, now consider what is absolutely impossible.
- Eating smoked and salted foods.
- Add salt to the food, spices and seasonings.
- Broths from fat meat.
- Carbonated drink.
- Cottage cheese, cheese and milk, with a high fat content.
- Some flour products.
After this operation, the food must be taken in a liquid or shabby form. Since such food is quite easily absorbed by the body. Drink plenty of liquid every day. It is good to have a double boiler in the kitchen. After all, with its help, your meals will be of high quality and healthy. After removal of appendicitis, they will return to their normal diet, it will be possible only after two or three weeks.
Having reviewed this article, we tried to answer the question: what can I eat and what should I eat after removal of appendicitis? By following all the recommendations, you can easily survive the postoperative period.