What to bring from Turkey?
Turkey is a country of tourism, the Black Sea, the sun,beaches and, of course, bazaars. In public markets, apparently-invisibly interesting souvenirs, sweets, ornaments - in general, which there just is not. True, along with really good things can be sold and absolutely low-quality goods. How not to drown in this sea of diversity? We will reveal the secret of what to bring from Turkey.
Souvenirs from Turkey
- Tobacco. Turks are true connoisseurs of tobacco delights. So do not deny yourself and your friends the pleasure of once again to smoke a Turkish tube of peace.
- Teas from fruit. Especially travelers praise pomegranate and apple.
- Turkish sweets: baklava, sorbet, rahat-lukum and so on. But be careful: good sweets are sold only by weight. In the packaged, as a rule, the taste is not the same, and the shelf life is not up to par.
- Textile accessories. For example, towels, T-shirts, bed linens, bathrobes, tablecloths and the like. Prices and quality are very attractive.
- Leather Products. Only be sure to bargain! This rule is equally useful for any purchases in the Turkish markets.
- Souvenirs from the evil eye - such a round blue stones inthe form of the pupil. For those who are especially impressed, it will become a very good gift. Moreover, amulets made of special Turkish glass are made.
- Coffee Turks. Very elegant and, most importantly, a quality gift. Local craftsmen give the products a special flavor: they decorate with Turkish ornaments. It will last a long time, do not doubt it.
- Handmade carpets. The gift is beautiful and interesting, but prices bite. Especially when it comes to products made of silk.
- Smoking pipes. Excellent in combination with tobacco.
- Ceramics. This is one of the best options that bring from Turkey. Do not deny yourself the pleasure, if you are a fan of this kind of things. The prices are affordable, and the quality is always on top.
- Sets for the sauna "Hammam". Recall that this is the name of the traditional Turkish bath. The set includes a towel, soap and mittens for peeling. In general, everything is the same as that for any other sauna. A pleasant and practical gift with a hint of exotics.
- Copper chasing. This is a product of copper in the style of the Ottoman Empire. In the interior look magically and very stylish.
- Onyx souvenirs. Figures from this stone can be made by the master publicly - specifically to attract tourists and buyers.
- Coffee and spices offered to it. Here without comment. A magical gift coupled with a local Turk.
- Aniseed vodka. In Turkey, it is 45% and is called Rakia. As a trophy for a home bar is very, very exotic.
- Backgammon or chess. If you or your friends prefer this kind of board games - feel free to buy. Local residents are just specialists in wood carving.
- A different soap. For example, olive, laurel, with rose oil and so on.
- Pink jam. Made from rose petals, this is a real treat. At home for a cup of tea will have to taste even the most fastidious guest.
- Honey from pine. Very useful and tasty.
- Spices for culinary masterpieces.
What not to buy in Turkey
Well, now a small list of what is not worth buying in Turkey:
- Tobacco products (in addition to tobacco). Cigarettes here are unreasonably expensive.
- Cream for sunburn. The prices are high, but the quality suffers.
- Engineering and electronics. Again, you will not win in the price. Yes, and return in the case of marriage can not.
- Hookahs. Contrary to popular rumors about their quality, many tourists remain unhappy. The goods do not correspond to their price at all.
- Gold. On ordinary bazaars and trade benches, it is rarely of high quality. If you decide to experiment, it is better to use the services of branded stores.
Pleasant rest and shopping: now it's easier for you to orient yourself, what to bring from Turkey.