What is isolation?
The word "isolation" has several meanings, butall of them revolve around the separation / protection of one subject / species / person / social group from another. Let's see what isolation is in all meanings of the word.
Types of insulation:
- Isolation in genetics is the creation of such conditions, due to which species of one species can not be crossed. This type of isolation is an evolutionary factor that facilitates speciation.
- Isolation in electrical engineering is a specialAn element of equipment through which no electric current flows. Isolation is used to protect a person, as well as to avoid short circuits and breakdowns of equipment.
- Waterproofing is a special system that protects the structure or material of a structure from the effects of water or other liquids, it is used to increase the wear resistance.
- Thermal insulation - structural elements, thanks towhich reduces the heat transfer process. Thermal insulation is mainly used in construction to reduce energy consumption for heating and air conditioning.
- Social isolation - separation of one personor a social group from another individual or social group. Social isolation can be compulsory, for example, if a person is placed in prison or a special clinic, or may be voluntary, consisting in the fact that one or another person wants to avoid all contact with another person.
Find more interesting terms in the Definitions section.