What is anime?
If for several years we didn’t even know how multifaceted and broadly anime is, what can we say, we didn’t know at all about the existence of such a genre, now even a child knows what anime is.
This Japanese animation is so vividly and expressively distinguished by its style of drawing characters that it is simply impossible to confuse or make the mistake of watching anime, and not anything else.
An anime is always designed for a specific narrow audience. There are anime both for adults (they affect "adult" motives, many philosophical and ideological issues), and for children.
A special feature of the anime is the image of the characters. The anime focuses on the eyes: they are very large, the mouth and nose are usually depicted as wavy lines. The eyes express the character's age, character and mood. Hairstyles for characters can be of different shapes and colors. From the "classic" image of characters stands out the style of "Tibi". Its essence is that the anime characters are simplified, with a big head and eyes.Often such a character image technique is used to create comedic situations.
Emotions in anime are transmitted by changing the character's facial expressions, his voice and actions, sometimes they are portrayed hypertrophically. In the question of what anime is, we briefly talked about the main features of the anime, now turn to the types of anime.
- Kodomo-anime is an animation creation for children (most often up to 12 years old).
- Shounen-anime - anime for boys 12-18 years of age.
- Shojo anime - anime for girls and girls 12-18 years of age.
- Seynen-anime - anime for young men.
- Jo-anime - anime for young women.
- TV series - serial animated creation.
- A TV movie is a non-serial animated film intended for television.
- OAV / OVA - any anime created exclusively for demonstration on video.
- Feature film - anime released for theatrical demonstration.
- Short film - anime, with a duration not exceeding 30 minutes and intended for demonstration in the cinema.
There are a little less than forty genres in the anime, but the most famous are fairy tale, drama, comedy, history, science fiction, a variety of girljo (girls' adventures), etc.