The mouse does not work on the laptop - it's not so scary!
Often there is such an unpleasant moment intime on a mobile PC, when you realize that the mouse is not working on the laptop. Possible causes of the malfunction may be many, but conditionally they can be divided into two types: hardware and software. To search for a problem at the first stage is necessary from the first. If all is well with them, then you can proceed to the second stage, which checks the software, both system and application. The main thing is to understand that if the mouse does not work on the laptop, do not panic, nothing terrible has happened. This problem can be solved by our own efforts.
You need to start with a performance checkthe manipulator itself. To do this, it must be connected to another port on the laptop. If this did not lead to the desired result, and the device is inoperative, then it is checked on another PC. If it did not work here, then, most likely, it finally failed. As experience shows, it is better to buy a new one than to repair the old one.
The exception in this case is wirelessmanipulators. Probably, the batteries are exhausted, and they need to be replaced. But if you connect to a different computer, the mouse still works, then the problem is in your mobile PC, and the manipulator itself is working.
If the mouse does not work on the laptop, then you need toalso check the computer ports. Typically, these input devices are connected to a square USB port. There are several of them on the laptop. It is enough to connect the manipulator to another such connector and check the presence or absence of the result. If the mouse is working, there is a problem with the port. In this case, it makes sense to assign a mobile PC to a service center where a faulty port will be replaced with specialized equipment.
Incorrect software settings can lead tothe fact that you will notice that the mouse on the laptop is not working properly (it slows down when moving, for example). In this case we proceed as follows (the mouse does not work, we use only the touchpad):
- We go in the "Start".
- Select the "Control Panel" in it.
- Here we find the "Device Manager" and open it with a double click of the manipulator.
- We find in the opened window an item containing the word "Mouse" (it is there alone) and open it.
- Here it is necessary to find the abbreviation "HID". Select it and delete it.
- Then click the "Update configuration" button - the PC drawing under the magnifier (located at the top of the window, under the main menu, on the toolbar).
- After the search, the system will inform you that a new device has been found and it is safely installed.
- Similar manipulation in this window is necessarydo with the drivers of the USB ports (before this step you need to find the driver on the controller of this bus - it can be on the drive that came with it, or on the official website of the manufacturer).
If the performed manipulations did not yield a result,go to the "Control Panel" previously described method and find there the item "Mouse". We open it and check the correctness of the device. In this case, there is even an opportunity to check the result. If this did not help, and the mouse on the laptop still does not work, then the fault is serious, and without the help of a specialist in such a situation it is simply indispensable. It makes sense to apply after this to the service center for help. You may need to reconfigure the registry or even reinstall the operating system.
If the mouse stops workinglaptop, then do not panic. Nothing terrible happened. Your mobile PC is mostly serviceable and can successfully perform the functions assigned to it. Following the previously stated instructions it is possible to find out the cause of the malfunction and try to eliminate it. In extreme cases, if the desired result is not achieved, you can contact the service center, where highly qualified specialists will finally solve this problem.