The middle brain. Age features of his work
The brain is given to man for a reason. Intelligence, speech, smell, touch - all this makes us human. Animals also have a brain, but it is completely different. So what are the differences?
The middle brain. Structure
Its size is only two centimeters. The midbrain consists of the legs and the quadrilateral. He is responsible for the following functions: visual, auditory, orientation in space. The legs of the midbrain are red (due to the multitude of blood vessels). Combined with the cerebellum and the vestibular apparatus, they ensure the balance of the body. Fourfolds connect the temporal lobe of the brain with bundles of auditory conductors.
The four tubercles of the midbrain are present not only in humans, but also in some birds and mammals. Superior dvuholmie responsible for vision. Front - for the coordination of movements and motor function. Lower dvuholmie responsible mainly for hearing. It also orients a person to various light and sound stimuli.
At first glance, it forms a single band in sections of the structure of the midbrain. However, scientists have proven that it consists of two parts of different functions, one of which receives signals, and the second transmits them to other structures of the human brain.
It participates in the coordination of movements. The red nucleus in the structure of the midbrain is located next to the black substance. Together they form the centers of the extrapyramidal motor system.
Functions of the midbrain
The red core is involved in the regulation of muscle tone. The black substance "includes" the forebrain, helps in the work of such reflexes as chewing and swallowing. The nuclei of the upper hillocks are responsible for turning the eyes and heads to the sides. Lower - for hearing. Without reflexes, a person cannot survive, therefore the midbrain is an integral part of the human body.
People can see with both eyes at once, combining two pictures into a single image. The second name for binocular vision is stereoscopic. If it does not function as expected, it means that something is developing incorrectly in the average brain. If it sees only one eye or the image is not connected together, this vision is called monocular.
Sense of smell
The midbrain is responsible for several major human functions.Perception of aromas can be called a gift, on a par with vision. The sharpness of perception of smells can be developed. Each fragrance is unique and different in chemical composition from others. It is believed that the difference is due to impulses in the human brain.
In newborns, the structure of the midbrain is not fully developed. Up to four years all parts develop evenly. The visual mound grows slowly, only by the age of 13 it reaches its size. The red core is formed simultaneously with the pathways. By age 16, black matter is almost completely developed. The legs of the cerebellum do not develop simultaneously. Lower grow in the first year of life faster. Average grows up to two years of age. The upper ones are formed the longest - up to 6-7 years.
How to develop performance
Regular exercise can negate the age characteristics of the midbrain. The main thing that they were daily. The average brain will help to maintain a sound mind at any age. It is necessary to lead a healthy lifestyle, walk a lot in the fresh air, play sports. Intellectual development in the form of reading books, solving puzzles or learning foreign languages has a positive effect on all parts of the brain.Watch your blood pressure, because it is responsible for the integrity of blood vessels. Do not forget to visit doctors and undergo all necessary examinations.
Every year our body is aging, and this can not be avoided - these are age features. The midbrain can be developed simultaneously with other hemispheres.
For training and prevention use the following exercises:
- Aerial drawings. Fingers do in the air imaginary figures. You can draw geometric shapes, numbers, write names or more complex elements. In the process, you need to change hands.
- A good exercise is to write texts with both hands at the same time. Take two sheets of paper, two pens. Choose a simple text. So all parts of the human brain will be involved.
- Calculations To count in mind is taught at school. But over time, without proper training, it becomes harder to do. To maintain the mind, do a few daily examples of addition, subtraction, division, or multiplication.
- List of words. This exercise develops memory. Write out on paper 10 any words, read the list several times. Remove the leaf.Then we remember all the written words. This will help not only to train the brain, but after reading the text, the necessary information will be stored in memory on its own.
- For visual endings it is useful to do gymnastics. A lot of exercises have been invented for the eyes. Only 5 minutes each day can save vision for many years.
- You can develop the sense of smell, using essential oils. The main thing - do not smell at the same time a lot of flavors, it can adversely affect the sensations.
Opinion of scientists
Studying how the middle brain works, one can understand that it performs important functions. Vision and hearing are functions presented to a person for a reason. The ability to distinguish colors and shades, aromas and smells - what could be better for life? The midbrain is small in size, only 2 centimeters, but it also performs complex functions for the human body.