Thai cuisine: recipes with photos
Thai cuisine is widely known in Europe and over the past few decades has been actively competing with other national cuisines of our continent. In this article, you will learn several popular recipes that you can easily implement on your own. Thai dishes, photos of which you can also find on this page, will make your usual menu more varied and will pleasantly surprise you with new tastes. We hope that the process of cooking Thai food will bring pleasure not only to experienced culinary specialists, but also to beginners.
Thai cuisine: recipes and features
Fans of oriental cuisine come to the delight at the very mention of their favorite dishes. And this is not surprising, since such food is prepared very quickly and only from fresh ingredients. Rice, noodles, vegetables and various sauces are what make up Thai food. The recipes for most dishes are simple enough and deserve to be mastered. For cooking, Thais often use wok - a large frying pan with a deep bottom.If you do not have this useful device, then we recommend that you definitely purchase it. Also stock up on fragrant spices, soy and fish sauces, and be sure to purchase several types of noodles. Below we described how to cook some simple Thai dishes (recipes with photos). Follow the instructions and delight loved ones wonderful tastes.
Fried pork with beans and fish sauce
The exotic taste of this dish will appeal to residents of central Russia. It is prepared quickly, and the smell of lime will literally take you to the land of sun and joy. How to cook:
- Boil 300 grams of green string beans in salted water for a few minutes. Immediately drain the boiling water and place the beans in cold water.
- 400 grams of pork cut into small pieces across the fibers and sprinkle it with black pepper and salt.
- Preheat the pan and fry four chopped cloves of garlic, a teaspoon of lime zest, cilantro and one finely chopped chili in vegetable oil.
- Add the prepared meat to the spices and fry it all together for a few minutes. After that add a spoonful of fish sauce, a tablespoon of sugar and boiled beans to the pan. Continue to fry the meat for a few more minutes.
Stir the finished dish with fresh lime leaves and serve hot.
Thai fish bits
Due to its unusual taste, this dish will be appreciated even by those who do not like fish dishes very much. Thai cuisine (recipes with photos, see below), surprises its fans that it combines almost incompatible things. So, the same dish can be both sweet and sour or sweet and spicy. How to cook fragrant fish bits:
- 600 grams of fish fillet (without bones and skin), finely chop with a knife.
- Chop a garlic clove and hot red pepper randomly.
- Green cilantro and mint finely chop.
- One whipped egg whites with a fork.
- Mix fish, egg, garlic and half greens in a suitable dish. If the stuffing seems too thin, add a couple of tablespoons of rice flour to it.
Form small patties and fry them on both sides in vegetable oil. Serve the noodle salad with cucumber, cilantro, mint, lime juice and paprika.
Thai cuisine keeps a lot of surprises. For example, according to her recipes you can cook a delicious and hearty breakfast for the whole family.How to cook Thai style omelet (products are indicated for one serving):
- Fry three tablespoons of minced meat in vegetable oil. Add vegetables (onions, carrots, tomatoes) to it and simmer all together for a few minutes.
- When the meat is almost ready, add to it (if desired) a little boiled glass noodles, soy sauce, green onions and cilantro.
- Beat two chicken eggs with three spoons of milk and salt. Heat the pan and bake an omelet on it (it should look like a thin pancake).
- Put the stuffing in the middle of the omelet and wrap it in an envelope. Serve with ketchup or any other sauce.
Spicy thai fruit salad
An amazing combination of fruit and hot pepper taste can please even the most demanding critic. Serve this salad before eating to improve your appetite and show your guests what real Thai cuisine is. You can see a photo of this simple dish on this page.
- Cut a quarter of a pineapple and one apple into small cubes.
- 10-15 seedless grapes cut in half.
- Half a glass of string bean cut into pieces.
- Grate a small carrot into strips.
- For the sauce, mix three tablespoons of lime, one spoonful of sugar, two tablespoons of fish vinegar and ground chili to taste.
- Mix all the prepared ingredients with the sauce, put the salad on a dish and sprinkle with peanuts.
Thai salad with shrimp and egg noodles
Thai cuisine, the recipes of which at first glance seem too complicated, tends to concise:
- In boiling water, boil 250 grams of egg noodles until cooked, drain the water and leave it to cool in a large bowl.
- Boil 500 grams of shrimp in salted water.
- Mix two tablespoons of grated ginger, six spoons of soy sauce, four tablespoons of red wine vinegar, sesame oil, a tablespoon of sweet chili sauce and two chopped cloves of garlic. Combine the resulting noodle sauce.
- Add shrimp, chopped green onion, coriander, crushed red pepper and sliced green peas to the salad.
Arrange the salad in plates and serve it with lime slices.
Thai style fried rice with shrimps and pineapple
This wonderful dish is suitable for those who follow the figure and do not want to gain extra pounds.
- Boil a cup and a half of rice until cooked, drain boiling water and rinse it in cold water.
- Put the wok on medium heat and heat the vegetable oil in it.
- Fry the finely chopped onion (a shallot is perfect), three minced garlic cloves and finely chopped chili pepper (to taste).
- Beat one chicken egg with a fork and also send it to the wok.
- Pour three tablespoons of chicken broth into the pan, three tablespoons of fish sauce, add a tablespoon of curry powder to a spoonful of sugar.
- Put half a cup of roasted cashew into the wok and cook it all together for a few minutes.
- Add boiled rice to the pan, break into lumps with a spoon and mix it with the sauce.
- Pineapple cut into small pieces, boil the shrimp and combine them with rice.
When the dish is ready, arrange it in plates, garnish with chopped green onions and serve.
We hope you enjoy Thai cuisine. Recipes with photos that we placed in our article will help you to achieve similarities with the original, and recipes to achieve the original taste of dishes.