Rump steak - what is it and how to cook it?
Chop, schnitzel, steak - to find people who are indifferent to these dishes is unlikely to succeed (not including vegetarians). In this category, you can safely includerump steak. What is it, we will tell in our article. And at the same time we will offer several options for its preparation, starting with the classic and ending with unconventional chicken fillet.
Rump steak - what is it?
This dish belongs to the English culinary school, where everything is prepared simply and without excesses, but only from natural products. A frequent guest on the table of the British is the rompex. Far from all people know what it is, although everything is much simpler than it might seem at first glance.
Rump steak is a slightly broken off piece of beef dipped in lime, breaded in breadcrumbs and fried in a pan. Lezon, for those who are not familiar with this word, is a liquid mixture consisting of eggs and water (milk, cream) and providing a bundle of products. Dipping meat in this mass before breading helps to create a holistic crust around the product and improves the taste of the dish.
Beef cut from the dorsal or posterior part of the carcass is traditionally used to prepare romsteks. Although today this dish is often made from pork and chicken fillet.
What is the difference between steak and rum steak?
The answer to this question is surely known to all connoisseurs of meat dishes. What do beefsteak and romsteks have in common? What it is? First you need to understand how to prepare these two dishes.
When cooking romsteksa meat is cleaned from films and tendons, cut across the fibers with a thickness of 2 cm, dipped in lezone, breaded in breadcrumbs, fried in vegetable oil and brought to readiness in the oven. It turns out a dish resembling the technology of cooking schnitzel, but with a lot of meat inside.
Beefsteak is a beef steak, cut from the head of the animal carcass. A dish is usually grilled and classified according to the degree of roasting. Thus, the difference between the steak and steak is that the first dish is cooked in breading, and the second without it.
General cooking guidelines
At first glance it may seem that there is nothing difficult in preparing this dish.This is true, but in order to get the desired result, it is recommended to follow simple recommendations:
- Beef steak is made from tenderloin, neck or filet. When choosing meat from these parts of the carcass of a young animal, there is no doubt that the dish will be juicy and tender.
- A piece of meat is cut exclusively across the fibers and slightly bounces so that the width of the steak is at least 2 cm thick.
- Cream or milk can also be added to ice cream instead of water.
- For roasting pieces of meat in breading, it is recommended to use refined odorless or olive oil.
- In the oven, the steak is cooked for 10 minutes, but no more. Otherwise, the meat will be very dry.
Rump steak classic beef
Classic romsteks is made from beef. The preparation of this dish takes place in the following sequence:
- Beef, cut into portions (across the fibers 2 cm thick), is beaten through the film with a special hammer or a blunt knife end.
- The broken off pieces of meat are salted and gloved on both sides.
- Beat egg with a tablespoon of water.
- Prepare breadcrumbs, pouring 5-6 tablespoons on a flat plate.
- A frying pan with vegetable oil is put on the stove and is heated up a lot.
- Beef is dipped on both sides, first in a beaten egg, and then well wrapped in breadcrumbs. It should turn out dry bread crust.
- Beef rum steak is fried in vegetable oil over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- The oven warms up to 180 ° C.
- The finished steak is put on a baking sheet and cooked in the oven for 5 minutes.
Served to the table with fresh or boiled vegetables, cereals, dishes from legumes.
If you for some reason do not eat beef, or simply could not buy it in the store, do not despair. Pork can also be tastyrump steak.
The recipe for this dish is as follows:
- Pork loin is cleared of fat, veins and films and cut into 2 cm thick portions.
- The meat gently beats off so as not to break the fibers.
- Each piece of pork is salted and pepper to taste.
- From the raw egg, a pinch of salt and a tablespoon of water with the whisk is preparing a season.
- Pork is dipped first in the egg mixture, and then rolled in breadcrumbs.
- Rump steak is prepared in vegetable oil by frying on each side for 3 minutes.
- The finished steak is shifted to a plate, punctured with a fork, after which the degree of readiness is evaluated. If pork leaves clear juice, the meat can be served immediately. It is not necessary to bring it up to readiness in the oven.
Can I cook a chicken steak?
Many housewives prefer to cook rompex in their own way - from chicken fillet. Such meat is fried very quickly and is not cooked in the oven, since the chicken itself is very soft and tender in texture.
How to cook fillet steak? For this, half a chicken breast weighing 250-300 g is whipped completely through the film on both sides. The result should be a piece of meat with a thickness of 1.5 cm. Then the fillets are salted, peppered, smeared with vegetable oil and left for 1 hour in the refrigerator. After a while, the meat is taken out of the cold, breaded in breadcrumbs and fried over medium heat. Chicken loin steak ready.