Pompons made of paper do it yourself for the holiday
If you are faced with the task of making decorations for the holiday, the perfect solution is to make paper pompons with your own hands. They look very stylish, spectacular and original. Terry balloons floating in space will create a unique atmosphere of romance and tenderness, fun and solemnity. Just change the colors. Having mastered the technology of manufacturing, you can always quickly make the appropriate decor for the event.
Tools and materials
To make paper pompons with your own hands, you need the following:
- Corrugated, crepe or other thin paper.
- Thin wire or fishing line.
- Threads, tapes for hanging (if necessary).
Everything is simple and affordable, as well as manufacturing technology.
Paper pompons with their own hands
Step by step work looks like this:
- Paper preparation.
- Creating a blank of several sheets stacked on top of each other.
- Folding multi-layer "accordion".
- Edge processing with scissors.
- Tying the object in the form of a bow.
- Creating bulk terry form.
As you can see, in just a few actions you can make a great decoration for a holiday. In fact, it is in general terms. At each stage there are some nuances. Which, read the next section.
Pompons of paper with their own hands: a master class
Any work begins with the preparation of materials. Here the main thing is to get sheets of the same size. There are two options - buy ready-made or cut them yourself from a roll. Corrugated paper is most often packaged in this way. The size of the convolution is usually about two meters in length and half a meter in width.
To create a pom-pom, eight blanks of the same size are required, and the width of the sheet will correspond to the diameter of the ornament. If you need to make a very big pompon, you can cut the roll into two or four pieces. Accordingly, to create one product will require several packages of corrugations. Usually use one. From it turns out a universal decoration of medium size.
So, to make a pompon from one roll of flutes, proceed as follows:
- Find the middle of the roll, without turning it, and cut it into two tubes (left and right).
- Take one and unroll, then double fold in half. The result is a four-layer billet. Cut it to the sides where there are bends. Now you have four identical sheets.
- Make another 4 of the same layer of the second half-bag.
- Put eight pieces in a stack and hold them together with clamps.
- Fold the harmonica as for a fan.
- When you face a multi-layered strip, cut its edges in the form of an arc, trapezoid, semicircle, or any other shape.
- Mark the middle of the workpiece and tie the wire in this place.
- Gently "fluff" one by one layer first the right side of the bow, then the left.
All is ready. Now you can come up with a different decor from the resulting terry ball.
Interior decorating ideas for a wedding celebration
So, you learned how to make pompons out of paper with your own hands step by step. Now is the time to learn how to use the products obtained. For a pom-pom wedding, do the following:
- Hanging single paper balls, beautifully hung from the ceiling.
- The names of the bride and groom on the wall.
- The decor for furniture.
- The arches.
- Compositions on the floor, window sills.
- Topiary and bouquets.
- Decorations for cars.
As you can see, there are many ideas. If you show imagination and creative thought, you can create very different options for wedding jewelry - from hearts and rings to white swans of all sizes.
Decor for other holidays
You have learned how to make pompons out of paper with your own hands and build wedding decorations from them. But there are many festive events. In addition to wedding ideas, which can also be used, only executed in the appropriate colors, you can offer a few more.
For example, on a birthday or anniversary, in addition to the name of the hero of the occasion on the wall, in the form of a suspended or free-standing structure, you can make a number corresponding to the age.
On the New Year, make a snowman out of white pompons of different sizes, a Christmas tree in the shape of a cone of green elements. A lot of vertically suspended garlands of white small pompons will look beautiful. They will look like snowballs floating in the air.It turns out a spectacular decor, especially if the fishing line is used as a basis for stringing parts, which is invisible from a distance.
Miniature Holiday Decorations
You can make pompons out of paper with your own hands in a completely different size, including a very small one. The original eight sheets will also be tiny. They are best cut from a thin roll on a pre-made stencil.
From small pompons, it is interesting to create flower compositions and topiary. These terry balls, made in the appropriate colors, and even with pointed edges are very similar to cloves. It is enough to cut leaves from green paper and make small stalks of wire or wooden skewers.
So, paper pompons are made with their own hands simply. It is also easy to create a varied holiday decor out of them.