Multifollicular ovaries and pregnancy: is there a danger?
Pregnancy is a happy time for every woman, but, besides pleasant experiences, it is also full of fears. Especially if a girl has certain problems with intimate health, the “interesting situation” is alarming. Today we will talk about multifollicular ovaries and pregnancy. Is it worth worrying about a similar diagnosis?
The onset of pregnancy is preceded by the maturation of the follicles from which the eggs come out, ready for conception. In most cases, a woman forms up to seven follicles. However, the finish line reaches the strength of two. In the case of multifollicular ovaries, more than seven follicles mature. However, it is not necessary to be afraid, this feature of the body is considered by doctors as the norm. But still such a diagnosis can not be ignored.
What is the danger of multiple follicular ovaries?
Behind this feature can hide a more serious problem, namely polycystic ovary. Usually, the diagnosis of the ovaries occurs through ultrasound, and the doctor does not always have the opportunity to make a definite diagnosis. Additionally, laboratory blood tests for hormone levels can be carried out. Also, women with this problem may experience irregular menstruation and ovulation. However, be aware that multifollicular ovaries and pregnancy are compatible. Many representatives of the fair sex, having this problem, are able to conceive and bear a baby.
Features of pregnancy
As we have said, multifollicular ovaries and pregnancy can safely coexist together. But do not forget that this situation requires close attention from your attending physician. You may need additional tests and research. Also, this nuance may affect the process of conception. If the body produces several eggs, then it is worth being ready for a double, or even triple. However, in this case, the kids will not be identical twins.Your babies may have different gender and appearance.
Why ovaries hurt during pregnancy?
- During the maturation of the follicle, the corpus luteum increases, which can lead to pain in early pregnancy.
- Women with tumors on the ovaries (cysts) also suffer from unpleasant sensations.
- Sometimes excessive flatulence in the intestines, which is a common problem in pregnant women, is perceived as pain in the ovaries. If you feel pain in the lower abdomen, which passes after an emptying of the intestines or when changing the position of the body, then perhaps the problem is not with the ovaries.
- Also, the uterus can hurt, and discomfort spreads throughout the abdomen.
- Multifollicular ovaries and pregnancy do not interfere with each other. However, in this case, there may be pain in the ovaries caused by excessive growth of the corpus luteum.
Ovary enlargement during pregnancy
Often, even on the first ultrasound, the doctor can tell you exactly which ovary the egg cell came from. It is slightly enlarged due to the growth of the corpus luteum. Also, a similar situation is observed in women who underwent a course of hormonal therapy in the treatment of infertility.Unfortunately, with all the seeming innocence of this fact, it can also indicate a serious pathology. An ovarian enlargement detected by ultrasound may be a symptom of cystic formation.