How to remove swelling?
Watch the video
Edema is the accumulation of fluid in tissues. The causes of this phenomenon can be various factors, for example: bad habits, lack of sleep, overheating, drinking large amounts of water, sweet or salty foods, etc. You can find out more about the causes of edema in our article - Why do your legs swell? | Edema during pregnancy.
Prevention of edema
In order not to suffer regularly the problem of how to remove the edema, it is necessary to establish the reason for their appearance and adjust your lifestyle. For most people with edema, preventive measures will be the same:
- It is necessary to pay special attention to your diet. Too salty and spicy foods can cause fluid retention in the body. It is especially important to take care of what you eat on the eve of some responsible event. For example, if you have an important meeting withclient, it is not necessary today even during the day to lean on herring or smoked ribs. Not only will the salt not release the accumulated liquid, you will always feel like drinking before bedtime;
- To look good, you need to get enough sleep. Sleep greatly affects not only the swelling, but also the condition of the skin as a whole;
- If, despite a healthy lifestyle, you continue to suffer swelling of the face, arms, legs, then you should probably consult a specialist. Excessive swelling may indicate a malfunction of vital organs and systems. First of all, it is worth checking the work of the cardiovascular and urinary systems.
If you have not had time to correct your behavior or for some other reason you still have swelling, you need to know how to quickly remove them. The methods will certainly depend on the location of the edema.
How to remove swelling on the face
- The easiest way is to wash your face with a contrast, i.e. alternation of warm and cold water. This procedure should be repeated every morning, regardless of whether there is swelling on your face. It will give the facehealthy color, and skin will keep in a tone longer;
- Effectively from face edema helps mask of grated raw potatoes. The resulting mass should be pressed and applied to the face. After 10 minutes the mask can be removed, and the face should be washed with cool water.Other recipes for facial masks for edema you will find in our article - How to remove swelling of the face;
- Cosmetic ice or ice, which you prepared in advance on the basis of herbal infusion, also helps well. Ice is especially recommended for swelling under the eyes. For eyes no less effective compresses of tea brew. It is enough to apply the used tea bags for 15 minutes to the closed eyelids, and if the swelling does not disappear completely, it will become less noticeable.
A few more ways on how to get rid of swelling under the eyes described in our article - How to remove swelling under the eyes.
Eliminate swelling of the legs
In order to avoid swelling of the feet, in addition to complying with the above recommendations, you should abandon high heels and too close shoes.
- Burdock leaves will help to cope with swelling of the legs. Before the procedure leavesneed to scald. Now they can be applied to the place of edema. To increase the efficiency of the procedure, we put a plastic bag on top of the mugs and put on socks. With such a compress you need to go for at least a couple of hours;
- Another sure way is flax seeds. They need to fill with water and boil for 15 minutes.After the seeds have stood in a closed saucepan for about an hour, the infusion can be taken internally. Dosage: half a cup of hot infusion every 1.5 hours. The same tool will help to eliminate swelling of the hands.
Additional information on how to get rid of the swelling of the arms and legs, is presented in the article - How to treat swelling. You may also be interested in an article about swelling of the fingers - How to remove swelling from a finger.
How to eliminate swelling during pregnancy
During pregnancy, many women suffer from excessive swelling. But in suchsituations, not all the usual means can be considered safe. First of all, be sure to take care of your diet. In addition, during pregnancy you need to try to move more. But it is important not to forget about the rest. Pregnant girls are very helpful daytime sleep. Light massage movements will also help minimize swelling.
Eliminate swelling after strokes
Injuries are often accompanied by soft tissue swelling. And even if you lead a healthy lifestyle, always watch your diet and sleep enough, you are not insured against accidental injury.
To reduce swelling directly after a stroke, try to apply something cold to the damaged area.With further treatment, you can use lotions of raw potatoes. An effective remedy is bodyaga. Powder of this plant can be purchased at the pharmacy. He divorced with boiling water to the consistency of liquid sour cream.
If the injury is not dangerous, you can also resort to salon procedures.