How to plant a rose from a bouquet?
It is so pleasant to receive as a gift a beautiful bouquet of roses chosen by a loved one. And we do not want to part with a quick-release gift. But, like any plant, a rose can be planted and grown. How to plant a rose from a bouquet, we will consider right now:
- Choose the right stem. The stem should be of medium thickness.
- Cut the stem to make a cutting: we define a segment in the center of the stem with two or three buds. From above we cut the cutting horizontally one to two centimeters, from the bottom - at an angle, to two to three centimeters. We make cuts with a very sharp knife, without forming ragged edges. From below we cut the leaves so that they do not touch the soil and do not rot. Leaves along the cutting cut in half to more moisture went to the new shoots.
- We sprinkle the lower section with powder to form roots, which can be bought at any specialty store.
- We plant the resulting process of a rose. First, mix the soil with sand in a pot.It is desirable for this to use a special soil for roses (sold in flower shops) and river sand. In the resulting mixture, plant a scion of a rose so that the lower section and the bud are completely hidden in the ground. We put a plastic bottle or glass jar on the stalk, creating a greenhouse atmosphere.
- Watering a rose should not be very abundant, and when new sprouts appear, you can remove a bottle or jar and transplant it into open ground after a few days.
How to plant a scion of roses in potatoes
So the plant gets more nutrients and has more chances to germinate.
- The first three points remain unchanged.
- Before direct immersion of the appendix in the ground, it should be inserted into the fruit of the potato so that the lower kidney is immersed completely. Previously, from the potatoes need to cut eyes to avoid germination of the fetus.
- After that we plant potatoes in a pot with prepared soil (see item 4 above).
- As in the first case, we cover the appendix above the soil surface with a can or bottle.
- Do not forget to water. The soil should be moderately wet.
So you can easily plant a rose from a bouquet at home.