How to make chalk?
Watch the video
Mel is quite possible to do it yourself, and it will take a little time and effort. In this article we will look at how to make chalk at home in various ways.
You can make crayons from gypsum and a number of other ingredients. Here is a complete list of them.
- tempera paint - 2 tbsp. l .;
- wax paper - 50 cm;
- dishwashing detergent - 1 tbsp. l .;
- gypsum - 100 g
You will also need forms for chalk (you can make them yourself from cardboard) and tape.
The process of making homemade chalk looks like this
- Take the forms and cover them with wax paper, and then carefully fix it with scotch tape.
- Put the specified amount of paint and chalk into the container, and then thoroughly mix these ingredients. It is necessary that you get a mass with a uniform consistency.
- Add dish detergent to the gypsum mix. Then mix everything up.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared forms. Then cover them with wax paper and leave for a few days.During this time, moisture will evaporate from the mass, as a result of which you will get high-quality chalk.
Chalk from eggshell
To make chalk using this method, you need the following ingredients.
- Wheat flour;
- warm water;
- food coloring.
In addition, you will need to stock up on forms, tape and wax paper.
The process of making chalk from eggshell looks like this
- Forms cover with wax paper and fix it with tape.
- Take the eggshell, which should be dry, put it in a mortar or bowl, and then chop them. It is necessary, that from them the powder has turned out.
- Pour 100 g of flour into the container and add some water to it. Then mix everything to a homogeneous consistency.
- In the flour mixture, add 200 grams of egg shell powder. Mix everything again, and then enter 1 tbsp. spoon dye. You should have a mass consistency, like sour cream. If necessary, add some more water to it.
- Spread a homogeneous mass in molds and leave for a few days, and then boldly remove from them the finished chalk.