How to learn to swim?
If you are no longer a child, but still do not know how to swim, this is no reason to be upset. After all, you can learn to swim at any age! Today we will talk about how to learn an adult to swim.
The main reason why adults have not learned to swim is the fear of drowning, the fear of depth. You need to work with this. Realize that water holds your body. Yes, the body is heavier than water, but there is air in the lungs and intestines, and thanks to this the body keeps afloat. Proper breathing is the key to success in swimming.
How to adult learn to swim: exercise
Choose a suitable place for training. It can be a pond, lake, sea or pool. Depth should not be large. For safety net, take a friend who can swim.
- Get familiar in the water: a few minutes walk, jump, walk, raising your knees high, etc.
- You need to learn to dive into the water with your head. Try your fear - nothing terrible will happen, because you are standing with your feet on the bottom. Hold hands with your partner or pool side.Take a deep breath, hold your breath and dive into the water with your head. Come up. Do this exercise as many times as possible until you leave the feeling of panic being under water. You should feel confident.
- Squat under the water, clasp your legs with your hands and push off. You will be pushed to the top. Return to the starting position and do the exercise several times.
- Do the same exercise, but pushing off, straighten your legs, and try to lie down on the water, swimming a little forward. Pull your arms forward. You can do a few strokes. So you swim a couple of meters. Do not try to raise your head too high, so as not to swallow water - the muscles of the shoulder girdle will overwork, and it will be hard for you.
- Continue training, trying to swim a greater distance.