How to cook mussels?
Mussels are very tasty and healthy seafood. They have a unique, surprisingly delicate taste. They can be eaten just like that or you can cook excellent dishes from them that almost everyone will like. They have many minerals, vitamins, iron and phosphorus. The low calorie content of mussels makes them one of the favorite foods of those who are on diets. The main thing is to know how to cook mussels, which we will discuss in this article.
If you bought frozen mussels in the store, do not rush to open them and cook. Let them thaw a little, clean them and rinse off the dirt thoroughly. If you purchased high-quality mussels, they will be closed. Sometimes the mollusks are closed, if you gently knock on them. If some mollusks are damaged, they must be discarded.
How to cook frozen mussels
- 1 kg of mussels
- 100 g Parmesan cheese,
- 200 ml of table wine,
- 4 cloves of garlic,
- 20 g butter,
- Black pepper, salt to your taste.
- Before you cook delicious mussels, put them in a deep pan, add 200 ml of white wine and 200 ml of water.
- Cook on low heat for about 5-7 minutes.At this time, heat the pan with butter and vegetable oil. Pour the chopped garlic cloves and grated parmesan into it.
- Remove one sash from each mussel and pour them with ready-made cheese-garlic sauce. Grill.
- When you see that the cheese has already melted, shift the seafood to a large dish and serve to the table, not waiting for the cheese to harden again. To make it tastier and more presentable, it is better to buy large mussels that will make your dish even more spectacular.
What can be cooked from mussels without spending a lot of time? Of course, a delicious classic dish!
- 400 g mussels
- 2 cloves of garlic,
- 250 ml of table wine,
- 30 grams of butter,
- 2 g shallots
- 50 ml high fat cream,
- 15 g parsley and a curry pinch.
- Chop the shallots, parsley and garlic finely. Transfer this mixture to a preheated frying pan. After some time, add thawed mussels to the pan, already washed and cleaned.
- Slowly pour in the wine, stirring all the time. After that, cover the pan with a lid and stew for a few more minutes.
- When all mussels open, put it in a saucepan, remove those that did not open up and fill the dish with cream. Add curry, pepper, salt and butter. Mix well and leave to cook for another 4-5 minutes. Pour the finished dish with sauce and serve.
How to cook mussels in shells
- Mussels in shells,
- Fatty cream,
- Seasonings to taste
- Hard cheese.
- Mix the cream with a glass of water, add your favorite seasonings and put the mixture on the stove. Separate each mussel from the shell.
- Cut the hard cheese into cubes and throw in the pan. Boil 5 - 7 minutes.
- At this time, proceed to the preparation of the sauce. Take half a circle of water, add seasonings and put on a small fire. After the water boils, throw the cheese and stir until they dissolve. After dissolving, remove the container from the plate, allow the sauce to thicken.
- Take the shells, put the mussels in each of them, pour the sauce on top and put on the cheese cube. In this form, send the dish to the preheated oven and bake for 9-10 minutes.
How to cook peeled mussels: salad
- 300 g of boiled mussel meat,
- 400 g chicken fillet,
- 3 cups boiled rice,
- 1 cup of walnuts,
- 1 glass of green pea ice cream,
- Bulgarian red pepper (1 pc.)
- 2 tbsp. lie red wine vinegar,
- 2 tbsp. lie lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. lie walnut oil,
- 1 tbsp. lie chopped basil leaves,
- 2 cloves of garlic,
- Fresh spinach leaves.
- Fry the chicken fillet in a pan, adding quite a bit of vegetable oil. When it cools, cut it into large cubes.
- Prepare mussels (cook, peel). Fry the walnut kernels and divide them into quarters. Add to them boiled rice, mussels, chicken fillet, diced pepper and peas.
- Separately, mix lemon juice with wine vinegar, walnut oil, garlic, basil and salt.
- This mixture will be a dressing for your salad. Mix all ingredients with dressing, garnish with spinach leaves on top.
Soup with mussels and crabs
- Mussels (600 g),
- Haddock, sea bass fillet (150 g each)
- Onions (2 pcs.)
- Olive oil (5 tbsp. Boxes),
- Yellow and red sweet pepper (150 g each)
- Meat broth (500 ml),
- Black pepper in peas (10 pcs.)
- Bay leaf (2 pieces),
- White wine (0.5 l),
- Crab meat (150 g),
- Thyme sprigs (4 pieces).
- Thoroughly wash the mussels with a brush. Salt the water and boil the seafood in it for 4 minutes. Throw in a colander to glass the water. Discard sinks that did not open. From the rest, pull the meat.
- Cut the fish into small pieces.
- Cut the onion into cubes and simmer in olive oil in a saucepan.
- Slice the bell peppers, sprinkle them over the onions and steep for 2 minutes.
- Pour the broth into the pan, throw 10 peas of pepper and bay leaves there. Boil the ingredients for 5 minutes. Pour in the white wine and bring to a boil.
- Add sliced fish and cook for another 3 minutes. Then add mussels, crabs and season.
- Ready soup sprinkle on plates, garnish with thyme and mussels on top. Now you know how to cook mussels for the whole family.
- Mussels (2 kg),
- Rice (1 cup)
- Vegetable or butter (40 g),
- Tomato puree (1 tea lb.),
- Bay leaf,
- Garlic (1 head),
- Ground black pepper and salt.
- Boil mussels in salted water.
- Chop carrots, onions and fry in a pan with the addition of vegetable or butter. Add one cup of washed, sorted and dried rice.Pour the ingredients with a decoction of mussels (2 cups) and, if necessary, add water.
- Add tomato puree, pepper, salt and cast bay leaf. Put the dish on a small fire on the divider.
- When you see that the rice has reached half-ready, put the opened mussels in the very depth of the rice with a head of garlic.
- Put ready pilaf on dish and decorate with greens.
How to cook mussels for beer
- 500 g mussels
- 200 grams of cheese
- 2 tbsp. lie lemon juice
- Pepper and salt to your taste.
- Defrost the mussels slightly and place them in the pan. Tomit on medium heat. When they put water and juice in, drain the liquid, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle mussels with grated cheese, mix thoroughly so that the cheese can melt.
- Put the dish on a plate, pour lemon juice and you can get a cold frothy beer. Have a great time!
As you can see, mussels are a universal product. They can be eaten just like that, having previously boiled it for a couple of minutes, and you can cook various goodies. What is interesting is that this seafood is suitable both for ordinary everyday dishes with a small amount of ingredients, as well as for exquisite festive delicacies of cuisines from different countries of the world.