How to connect running lights?
Watch the video
The choice of running lights on the market today is huge - as they say, for every taste and color. In this article you will learn how to connect the running lights in the car yourself. In addition, we will tell you about the criteria for choosing this useful system for your car.
How to install running lights according to GOST
In order to independently carry out this procedure, carefully read the instructions and follow the rules, otherwise traffic police can give you many problems.
It should also be remembered that the installation of navigation lights - a voluntary thing, because instead of them you can use a dipped beam or even fog lights. The installation rules for this system are described in sufficient detail in GOST R 41.48-2004, and they are quite simple.
The installation manual must necessarily be bundled with the selected system, and if one is not available, you should not purchase this product - most likely it does not meet either the stated quality or Russian and international standards.
Also included are special mounts for blocks. The installation of the running lights cannot be described as a whole, since it depends on many factors, such as the model of the running lights (of which there are hundreds and thousands), the make of the car and the individual design of the car.
That is why let us describe the basic connection rules according to GOST, and the connection scheme of a specific model of running lights is necessarily indicated by the manufacturer, and its presence indicates a certain quality of the system being acquired. Well, the rules of GOST are as follows:
- It is strictly forbidden to install running lights on trailers.
- The kit always includes 2 units.
- installation is carried out according to the instructions (scheme) of the manufacturer, while this scheme does not have any special restrictions from the point of view of legislation.
- when the engine is started, the system should be activated automatically, and when the dipped beam is turned on, the running lights should be switched off immediately.
- The required installation parameters are as follows: the height (from the ground) must not exceed 150 cm, and the minimum distance may be 25 cm. The distance between two blocks (right and left) must not be less than 60 cm.If the width of the car is less than 130 cm, then the distance can be reduced from 60 cm to 40 cm.
- the position of the running lights always remains in front of the car, and the direction of the flow of light is only forward.
Useful tips before you buy
Before buying, be sure to consult with a specialist, specifying the brand of your car. The choice of the form of the block is carried out taking into account the individual structure of the bumper and the overall design of the car. The brightness of the LEDs in the unit can vary from 150 to 330 lm. When choosing the size of the running lights, you should focus on the mounting location of the DRL units, while the installation can be done in the air intake or bumper according to your preferences and, of course, not forgetting the installation rules of GOST.
Remember that road safety is paramount, so connect the navigation lights according to the requirements of the instructions, or consult a specialist.