How to connect a TP-LINK router?
Watch the video
All of us today use the home Internet, and therefore we just have to be able to configure modems and routers. This article will tell you how to connect a TP-LINK router.
TP-LINK has three types of connectors - a power connector, an INTERNET connector and a group of LAN connectors for connecting a router to a PC.
How to connect TP-LINK correctly? First of all, we connect the power connector with a special cable, which should be bundled with the modem, to the network. Then we insert an Internet cable inserted into your apartment by an ISP into the INTERNET connector. And finally, using an Ethernet cable (also supplied in a box with a router), we connect the computer to one of the LAN connectors.
- Turn on the power button TP-LINK.
- Open any browser on your PC and specify the address in the address bar - 192.168.1.1, press Enter.
- In the window that appears, specify: user name - admin, password - admin, click OK.
- Before you should see the settings window, go to the Network section, then - WAN; In the WAN Connection Type field, select the PPPoE value.
- Set the account settings - username and password, put a tick in front of the Connect Automatically parameter.
- Click the Save button.
- Go to the Wireless settings section, then Wireless Settings.
- In the window that opens, specify: SSID - TP-LINK, Region - Russia, Channel - AUTO, Mode - 802.11 b / g), tick the options: Enable Wireless Router Radio and Enable SSID Broadcast. Click Save.
- Go to the section of Wireless Security, set the checkbox for the parameter WPA / WPA2 - Personal, set the network name and the desired password. Click Save.
All you have to do is reload the router! If all settings are entered correctly, you will get access to the network.