How to connect the pump station?
Watch the video
If the house does not have running water, you can try to install a pumping station. However, for this you need to have a water supply system, as well as a well or a well - a place from which water will be supplied through the water supply system to the taps. Tips for choosing a pumping station can be found in our article How to choose a pumping station.
At the very beginning it must be said that the pumping station should be placed in places more or less protected from the cold. So, it can be a basement or even a special room in the house. If this is not possible, you can put it in a caisson - a pit that is specially dug for this and pre-insulated.
In order for the station to work without failures and not fail, it is best to place it below the freezing depth. Rules for connecting various equipment can be found in our section Installation and Connection.
We will understand how to connect the pumping station. The procedure itself consists of several steps:
- First you need to attach a water hose to the station. This is done with a fitting (special connector that combines elements of different diameters).
- By means of a fitting it is also necessary to attach a hose from the internal water supply system to the pumping station.
- At the end of the hose, which falls into the well, you should definitely put on a special filter (prevent debris from entering the station and the water supply and subsequent clogging). It is worth remembering that the filter should not touch the bottom. Well, if it will be placed above about 25 cm.
- You also need to decide where the check valve will be located. It can be placed anywhere - from the beginning of the pumping system to the end of the hose in front of the filter itself. The station does not depend on it.
It should be said that the pumping station itself is an intermediate stage between the two used water pipelines - external and internal. For the system to work well and without failures, one filter that is inserted into the water supply hose from the well is not enough. For more detailed water purification it is better to use two additional filters:
- The first is located in front of the suction pump station. His main task is hard water purification.
- The second is located in front of the internal water supply, the purpose of which is to carry out deep detailed water purification.