How to conduct insulation of the roof?
First of all, the roof is a protection againstrainy: precipitation and the burning sun. It is this that can explain the complex approach to its erection and coverage. Roof insulation is an important aspect of the reliability of the house. As you know, warm air rises, because it is lighter than cold. That is, even if the walls are covered with a thick layer of insulation, the air will quickly cool down under a thin roof. In the summer period, the reverse effect will be observed: the roof, which is heated, will promote the rapid warming of the air in the room. In addition, the absence of a heater contributes to the formation of condensation.
It is worth noting that the roof and the roof are conceptsslightly different. It is necessary to understand this briefly. The roof is the entire upper, as a rule, non-residential part of the house, but the roof is its component part, the immediate overlapping over the supports (vaults).
Regardless of the material from which thehouse, sealing overlap occurs in a similar way with the facade warming algorithm. If the given action is made in the course of construction, then there are practically no problems with it. But much more complicated issue is the insulation of the roof. It is necessary to consider some general features of this process.
Most often, the roof is insulatedfrom the inside. The procedure includes not only the laying of the thermal insulation layer, but also the use of many other materials. When choosing them, many climatic and physical factors (precipitation intensity at given latitudes, wind force, temperature changes, air humidity, etc.) must be taken into account. The complex of works on the thermal insulation of the roof depends on the availability of an attic space and the degree of its use.
Processing is carried out before the start of work onwarming the roof. A major or partial repair of the roof (roof) is mandatory. This reduces further costs and protects residents of the house from atmospheric phenomena. It is also necessary to replace rotting and leaking parts of the roof, antiseptic treatment, a full inspection of the wiring and other necessary measures.
Roof insulation has some differences, independing on the configuration of the roof, because it is sloping and flat. The latter can be compacted from inside as well as from outside, but pitched - only from the inside.
Let's consider still improvement of roofing characteristics in the last variant. It includes the overlay of the following layers:
- Waterproofing. If the roof does not have a watertight barrier between the slings and the roof, then you have to work a little over it, because its presence is mandatory. Gidrobarier wraps around the lines and fixed with staples.
- Thermal insulation. To apply this layer, it is better to use mineral wool. The requirements for it are minimal. Its thickness should not be less than 100 mm, it should not exceed the diameter of rafter racks. Laying plates should be carried out from the ramp from below. The fixation is fixed with a capron cord or laths.
- Steam insulation. The vapor barrier is mounted over the layer of thermal insulation. Steam and waterproofing is recommended to be done by using a construction membrane film. Plain plastic is not suitable, because it does not have a perforation.
Since we are talking about the insulation of the roof, it is necessary to specify two basic materials used in such cases, namely:
- Mineral wool.
- Glass wool.
The latter has characteristics worse, because it keeps heat worse and is not very eco-friendly.
For the insulation of the roof, you can use other materials, but they must meet the following requirements:
- Have a low thermal conductivity. The material should prevent heat loss as much as possible. This will be especially noticeable in the places of close contact of the insulation with the street.
- Ease. Significant load on rafters is not allowed for many reasons.
- Non-combustibility. It's not about complete fire resistance, just when the surface of the roof is heated or due to any other effects, the heater should not react actively.
Thus, we can conclude that the insulation of the roof is a relatively simple task, although it has some features and requires considerable material costs.