How to choose the right bath - tips and video recommendations
Modern shops offer baths in a huge assortment of sizes, shapes and materials. Without knowledge of certain secrets to choose and buy a good bath will not work. As you know, not always the recommendations of sales assistants help the buyer to make the right choice. Photographs and advertising descriptions give only a small idea of the bath.
Useful tips and information about the materials, advantages, features of installation and design solutions will allow the potential buyer to choose the best of the variety of products.
How to choose a bath
It depends on the right choice whether the occupants of the apartment will receive a functional and aesthetic satisfaction of needs. It is enough to make a small mistake, and in the future we will have to put up with drawbacks.
Bathtubs differ in material of production, a functional purpose, style, a form and a design.
The selection procedure is easy to simplify. To do this, the question of choosing plumbing should be considered in the form of a specific sequence, divided into independent stages. The result is an optimal algorithm of actions.
- Accurately determine the type of bath. You need an ordinary water-filled bowl or a modern hydro-massage product.
- If a simple bath is chosen, consider making the material. Compare the pros and cons of acrylic, cast iron, steel.
- Decide on the shape, size and style.
The pros and cons of steel baths
For unknown reasons, consumers know only the weaknesses of steel baths, but they also have many advantages.
The advantages of steel baths
- Enamel high-quality steel bath during operation does not flake. Enameled product in a special oven at high temperature. The enameled coating is “baked” into the metal. This is the secret of high strength.
- Keeps gloss and a whiteness for many years.
- Low weight. Transportation and installation is easier pig-iron analog. The weight of an average steel bath is 5 times smaller than a cast-iron one. Such a product will not damage the tile.
- Steel is much more plastic than cast iron.On the market there are steel baths of various shapes.
- Large selection of non-standard sizes and models.
The disadvantages of steel baths
- If the beads are too thin, they are deformed with a slight load. Enamel is covered with chips and cracks.
- Steel worse than iron retains heat. The accumulated hot water cools faster.
- When filling, a thin-walled steel bath makes an unpleasant sound that causes discomfort. European manufacturers are trying to solve the problem with the installation of noise on the outer walls of the baths of noise-insulating gaskets. This only reduces the noise level a little.
The cost of steel bath economy class is much lower than the cost of cast iron. If the bath has thick walls, lighting, hydromassage and other elements, it costs more than a similar cast iron product.
How to choose a cast iron bath
The choice of bathtub from cast iron should be taken as seriously as possible.
- Connect to communications. It is necessary to choose a bath taking into account the current distributing of water and the sewerage if repair is not planned.
- If the repair work in the bathroom is over, plumbing is chosen in accordance with the design.If only planned repair work, you can pick up the design of the room under the bath.
- When buying, you need to consider the size of the doorway. Otherwise, the bath may not enter the door or damage the door frame.
- Inspection of enamel coating before purchase. It should not be chipped and scratched.
- The study of the certificate of quality and warranty card.
- Before going to the store, it is not over to read reviews about the model of the bath you like.
Tips for choosing acrylic baths
Choosing the right acrylic bath is a difficult task. In the first talk about the undeniable merits of acrylic products to steel and cast iron.
- Saving water temperature. The water collected in half an hour will cool down by no more than one degree. Metal cool down to 1 degree for 5 minutes.
- Resistance to the negative effects of cleaning products.
- Chipping and damage resistance. Acrylic prevents the growth of germs and bacteria.
- Glossy finish that doesn’t tarnish over time.
- Low weight and easy installation.
As you can see, acrylic plumbing has many undeniable advantages. Now let's talk about the correct choice of products from acrylic.
- Acrylic baths are not suitable for bathing pets, for example, dogs.
- Fakes. The market of sanitary products is filled with fakes made of low-quality plastic, which are sold under the guise of high quality acrylic baths.
- Be sure to read the certificates of quality. They are delivered to stores with products.
- Enlighten the wall of the bath. High-quality acrylic is not translucent
- Try to push the wall of the acrylic bath in the middle. The board of a high-quality model cannot be pushed through, since it is reinforced. If the surface is walking, this is the first proof of a low-quality product.
- Thickness. Acrylic plumbing is made of composite plastic and cast acrylic. If the thickness does not exceed 8 mm, then the share of the layer of acrylic accounts for 1 mm. From the purchase of such a design is better to refuse.
- A quality bath in the cut has two layers - resin and acrylic. A larger number of layers is evidence of a bad product.
If you decide to purchase an acrylic bath, I recommend paying attention to the products of well-known manufacturers.They will offer high-quality products made using proven materials and modern technologies.
Choosing a whirlpool bath
If earlier only rich people could get a hot tub, now manufacturers supply a variety of models to any wallet.
- To decide on a material - cast iron, light steel, acrylic.
- The cheapest option is a steel bath. Such product differs in the small weight and high durability.
- Cast iron bath is not noisy and heat, but much harder and more expensive than steel counterpart.
- Acrylic bath is cheaper than cast iron, it is heat-absorbing and almost silent.
- To determine the shape and size. Shops offer angular or rectangular hydromassage baths 150-180 cm long.
- The main element of the spa is a compressor whose power determines the pressure of the air jet. If you need a quality massage, you should get a bath with a powerful compressor.
- At the heart of the massage is a pump. For a standard bath, a compact 1 kW pump is sufficient.
- The number of nozzles. This indicator determines the quality of the massage, the maximum power of the pump and compressor, and the price of the product.
- Give preference to models with nozzles in front of the torso, waist and legs.
Choosing a bath for a small room
In many houses erected in the Soviet Union, 150 cm long baths have been installed. It will not work in such a product. It is better to install a compact model with a length of 120 cm. Undoubtedly, it is shorter, but wider!Shops offer a variety of compact baths - angular, asymmetrical, sessile.
- Asymmetric. They have a wide variety of shapes: drop, irregular rectangle, rhombus, etc. Such plumbing tapers slightly to the feet. If a corner installation is implied, the bath forms a small bevel. As a result, there is a place for the sink.
- Corner. Traditionally they have the shape of a quarter circle, are equipped with a hydromassage and are not inferior to rectangular plumbing. Minus - the high cost. An alternative option is the shower on the basis of the deep pan.
- Sedentary. They appeared a long time ago, but they did not receive wide distribution. In this model, it is extremely inconvenient to take water procedures.
I will add by buying a compact bath, you can easily solve the problems of a small room and get at your disposal a comfortable option.Plumbing manufacturers are betting on ergonomics.
There are people who like optional accessories. They should buy models of baths, complete with ladders, armrests, stylish fittings, adjustable legs and even headrests.
I sincerely hope that after reading my article, you can easily choose a wonderful bath that will last for many years.