How to apply highlighter?
Watch the video
Not every modern girl knows a fashionable word called “highlighter”, and not everyone knows how to use it. From our article you will learn how to apply a highlighter, with which you can emphasize the necessary areas of the face and divert attention from the flaws.
How to apply highlighter
First, a few words about what a highlighter is, and then we will talk about how to use a highlighter. So, the highlighter is a special tool for giving freshness to your skin, which, if used skillfully, can hide small wrinkles, and also emphasize and highlight the necessary areas.
However, it should be remembered that the texture of this wonderful tool is light and soft, and it is not used as a masking tool. If you want to hide a pimple with a highlighter, you will achieve only the opposite result, because it is better to use concealer to disguise minor defects. Let's look at a few areas where you can apply highlighter.
- Right under the eyes on the upper part of the cheekbones: so you can hide circles under the eyes, thereby visibly refreshing and rejuvenating your face.
- Lateral area of the forehead (above the eyebrows) - this will create the effect of a high forehead and give relief to the contour of the face.
- To lengthen the nose, apply a highlighter along the wings of the nose, that is, on the sides. If you, on the contrary, want to correct too long or a wide nose, safely brighten the area from the bridge of the nose to the tip of the nose.
- For close-set eyes, use the tool on the inside corners. With a wide landing should lighten only the nose. In order to visually enlarge the eyes, focus on their inner corners, as well as under the eyebrows. By the way, here you may also be interested in our other article on this topic, which is called “How to enlarge eyes with the help of makeup”.
- In order to emphasize the eyebrows or lift their outer side, draw a line with a highlighter under the eyebrow (from the middle to the temples), and then blend it (so that the eyebrows look more natural).
- The volume of the lips and their relief you can do by applying a tool on the lower lip and in the central part of the upper one.When you apply the product to the lips, do it with the help of fine lines, blending them. This effect creates additional naturalness. And to hide wrinkles, apply the tool in minimal quantities. Also, do not emphasize lips too light means, otherwise you will make your lips visually smaller. The color should be selected to match the tone of your skin.
Rules for using the highlighter
Use a highlighter in moderation, do not apply the tool to all the above areas at once, so as not to overload the face, otherwise it will look like a shiny mask. Remember that it is better to apply a liquid texture to the cream, but powdered products are used on top of the powder. For oily skin and if there are wrinkles in the areas where the product will be applied, choose the highlighters with the least amount of flickering particles. The same rule applies to women with enlarged pores on the face. But with various skin diseases, highlighter is not recommended.
Types of highlighters
Let's look at what the highlighters are.
- Liquid. It has a liquid base, with which you can give transparency to the skin along with a slight radiance.Liquid highlighter is very easy to apply even on large areas.
- Cream. After application, it will look like shimmering powder, and the difference is at the base, because here it is creamy.
- Shimmering powder. Suitable for application on large areas (decollete), has several shades, complete with a brush for blush.
- Compact. Available in several shades. Convenient to use when you want to apply to the face several shades.
- Multi-colored balls. This solution is very economical, as it applies to the decollete zone. The balls will give your skin a smooth tone and improve color. In normal skin, they will fit like powder, and in case of oily or combination they should be applied over regular powder.
That's it; Knowing the technique of applying the highlighter, you can make your face "glamorous." And in order to learn more about the technique of applying a highlighter, watch the video tutorial.