How do I burn Windows to a USB flash drive?
There are situations when it is necessary to establishA new operating system on the device, where there is no possibility of reading disks. This can be, for example, a netbook or tablet. Experienced users in such cases write the operating system to a USB flash drive on a PC. We will tell you how it can be done.
How to burn a Windows image to a USB flash drive:
We will need a flash drive with a capacity of at least 4 GB. We will use the command line. To write to the USB flash drive, you need to perform the following in order:
- Make sure that you have the rightsadministrator on the computer. After that, take the USB flash drive and connect it to any USB port. Then open the "Start" menu and in the "Run" option, issue the command cmd.exe.
- Then the window will open. Then write the command diskpart. This will open the disk management utility on the PC. Next is the command list disk. From the list offered, select the name of your flash drive, next to which you will see its number. In accordance with this number, enter the command select disk 1 (where 1 is the number of the flash drive).
- Type the following command - clean, which allows you to clear the selected information medium.
- Wait for the message that the USB flash drive is successfullycleared. After that, type the following command: create partition primary. This will create a department on the disk, where the operating system will be written. Now you need to select it. To do this, select select primary 1.
- To activate the department, issue the command active.
- In order for the operating system to be installed via a USB flash drive, it is necessary to reformat it. To do this, use the command format fs = NTFS.
- After the formatting process is completed and 100% is reached, set assign letter = Z. This will activate the device connection process. Do not forget to press Enter.
- Exit the command line from this utility with the Exit command.
- To burn Windows 7 and Windows XP to a USB flash drive, take the installation disk with the Windows operating system and place it in the PC drive.
- At the command prompt, type: xcopy E: Z: / s / e / h / k - thus you start the process of copying files from the disk to the USB flash drive.
That's all it takes to burn to a USB flash driveWindows. Do not forget that to start installing Windows from a USB flash drive, you need to set certain settings in the BIOS. It is necessary to reconfigure the computer to boot the system did not start from the hard drive, but from the USB flash drive. To do this, select the name of your USB flash drive in the corresponding menu to assign a download from it.