The drug "Allergodil": reviews, release form, instructions for use, analogues
- Not unusual. And it can happen with both adults and children. Most often this is manifested whose symptoms are rather unpleasant. There are a large number of drugs to get rid of allergies of this kind.
The drug "Allergodil" is a long-acting antihistamine drug. It has a membrane stabilizing and anti-edematous effect.
The drug allows to reduce the permeability of capillaries and the amount of secreted secretion. In addition, it blocks histamine, serotonin, leukotrienes and other substances that can provoke an allergic reaction and an inflammatory process.
This is confirmed by the reviews of the Allergodil tool.
Indications for use
The drug, produced in the form of a spray, can be used in the complex therapy of year-round and seasonal rhinoconjunctivitis and rhinitis, which are caused by an allergic reaction.
Drops "Allergodil" are used for the prevention and treatment of year-round and seasonal conjunctivitis. Also, as prescribed by a physician, they can be used in the complex treatment of infectious eye diseases.
Composition, release form
Judging by the reviews, "Allergodil" is produced by the manufacturer in two dosage forms: in the form of drops for the eyes and nasal spray. The substances that make up this antihistamine include:
- Azelastine hydrochloride.
- Disodium edetat.
- Sodium chloride.
- Dehydrated citric acid.
- Disodium phosphate dodecahydrate.
- Purified water.
Method of use of the drug
For the drug "Allergodil" instructions for use indicates that it is an antihistamine, manufactured in the form of a spray, used for intranasal administration. Most often, it is prescribed to children from six years and adults. It should be injected into the nose once a day. Injection should be made in each nostril. If there is such a need, adults and children over twelve years of age can make two injections in each nostril twice a day.With the introduction of spray in the nasal passage, the patient should keep his head upright.
According to reviews, "Allergodil" can be used for a long time, but the period should not exceed six months. After the purchase and immediately before the introduction of the drug into the nose, several sprays into the air should be done in order to ensure a uniform dosage of the medication. The bottle must be closed with a cap after each use.
The drug "Allergodil", produced in the form of eye drops, can be prescribed to children over four years old and adults. If therapy for seasonal conjunctivitis caused by an allergic reaction is performed, then one drop should be instilled into each eye twice a day. If necessary, the dose of the drug can be increased to four times a day. This is confirmed by the instructions for use attached to the “Allergodil” product.
This medicine can be used as a prophylactic agent if the patient assumes the possibility of contact with the allergen.
Therapy of year-round conjunctivitis caused by an allergic reaction with Allergodil drops is allowed for adults and children over four years old.In this case, it is supposed to instil the drug in each eye, one drop twice a day. If necessary, the drug can be used four times a day. The bottle with drops should always be closed after each use.
Interaction with other medicines
Judging by the reviews of “Allergodil”, during the course of therapy with its use, the patient should refrain from drinking alcohol and taking medicines that contain ethanol and its derivatives. This is due to the fact that ethanol is able to enhance the effect of azelastine contained in the preparation on the central nervous system. As a result, the risk of side effects increases significantly.
If the patient uses any other eye drops, then a fifteen-minute break should be maintained between their use and the use of Allergodil drops.
The simultaneous administration of drugs from the group of glucocorticosteroids significantly enhances the effect of these hormonal agents.
The use of the drug "Allergodil spray" can cause the following side effects:
- Increased fatigue.
- The emergence of a bitter taste in the mouth. It occurs only if the method of administration of the drug was violated.
- Irritation of the mucous membranes of the nose. Manifested in the form of burning, sneezing, itching.
- Bleeding from the nose. It is observed extremely rarely. Analogs "Allergodil" consider below.
For the drug in the form of eye drops, the following side effects are characteristic:
- Sensation in the eye of a foreign body.
- Increased eye sensitivity.
- Changed color of the conjunctival membrane.
- The occurrence of puffiness.
- Strengthening of lacrimation.
- Dry eyes and blepharitis. They appear quite rarely.
In some cases, the drug "Allergodil" (reviews confirm) can cause dry skin, dyspnea and dysgeusia. If the patient has individual intolerance to some components of the drug, an allergic reaction may occur, which manifests itself in the form of urticaria, anaphylaxis, itching and rash.
If at least one of the side effects listed above occurs, the patient should immediately consult a specialist and refuse to use this medication.
What is the price of Allergodil? About it further.
Contraindications to the use of the drug
The main contraindication to the use of this drug is the patient's individual intolerance to the substances that are part of. In addition, in the form of Allergodil spray for children should not be used without regard to age. When applying the spray - less than six years, and in the form of eye drops - less than four years in the treatment of an allergic reaction.
At the initial stage of therapy, experts recommend patients to abandon driving vehicles. In the future, depending on how well the patient will carry the drug, this prohibition may be lifted.
Can pregnant women use Allergodil Spray?
Use of the drug during pregnancy
Despite the fact that clinical trials prove the absence of teratogenic effects of the drug, it is better not to use Allergodil in the form of eye drops in the first trimester of pregnancy. Nasal spray is contraindicated throughout the duration of pregnancy and during lactation.
How to store "Allergodil" for the nose?
Storage conditions and terms
Store the spray must be at a temperature of 8-25 degrees.A drug is valid for three years from the date of production, but only if storage conditions have been met. Use the opened bottle of medicine should be within six months.
Similarly, the drug should be stored in the form of drops for the eyes. Shelf life is also three years, however, after opening the vial, the drug should be stored in the refrigerator, and it must be used within a month.
In Russian pharmacies, this drug can be purchased at an average price of 450 rubles per bottle of eye drops and 550 rubles per bottle of nasal spray.
In the event that a patient has an intolerance to the components of the drug or has difficulty acquiring it, then it is possible to replace the drug with its analogues, which have a similar effect and composition. It is possible to attribute “Loratadin”, “Ergoferon”, “Peritol”, “Erespal”, “Lorddestin”, “Zirtek”, “L-tset” to analogs of “Allergodil”.
As in any other case, reviews of the drug is very controversial. Some patients argue that the drug is very effective and helped get rid of the manifestations of allergy, moreover, rather quickly.Other patients indicate frequent side effects and its ineffectiveness in the treatment of allergies.
Some patients also claim that “Allergodil” is better to use as part of complex therapy with the use of other means, then its effectiveness increases, the symptoms of an allergic reaction are eliminated rather quickly.
Thus, the result of therapy with the use of this drug has an individual character.
From the above information we can draw the following conclusions:
- Drug "Allergodil" is an antihistamine drug that has a long lasting effect.
- The release of the drug is carried out in two dosage forms. Allergodil is available as an intranasal spray and as an eye drop.
- Allergodil eye drops can be used in the treatment of allergic reactions in children over four years old, and in intranasal spray in children over six years old.
- Hypersensitivity to the components in the composition of the drug is the basis for not using it.
- The use of Allergodil can cause a number of side effects, which should be read before the start of therapy.
- During pregnancy, you should refrain from using a nasal spray, eye drops should not be used during the first trimester of pregnancy.
- The drug "Allergodil" can be replaced by its counterpart in composition and mechanism of action. However, prior consultation with your doctor is required.
- The cost of the drug is quite affordable to the average Russian.
- During the period of treatment of an allergic reaction using Allergodil, one should refrain from the use of beverages containing ethanol, as well as from driving a car.