Do I need CASCO?
Many car owners wonder: Do you need CASCO, is it worth it to spend money on so expensive a pleasure? To correctly answer this question, it is necessary to understand what is CASCO, and what advantages it gives us.
What is CASCO
All car owners are familiar with the policiesOSAGO, because without it you do not have the right to drive. Does this rule apply to CASCO insurance? Do you need CASCO for a motorist? The answer is simple - no. However, there are exceptions to all the rules. So, if you buy a car on credit, then you will have to issue a CASCO policy.
CASCO is a voluntary type of insurance for cars and other vehicles. Insurance cases for this type of insurance is damage caused to the vehicle as a result of:
- Accident, the difference from OSAGO is that you will be paid, even if the culprit of the accident is you.
- Illegal actions of third parties in relation to your car.
- Impacts on transport of foreign objects, natural phenomena and external forces. For example, if a tree fell on your car, or an inadequate pedestrian damaged your car, and so on.
When choosing an insurance company, it is worth remembering thattariffs for this type of insurance, in contrast to OSAGO are different, in different companies. Therefore, it is worth contacting several insurance companies that are trusted by insurers to calculate the insurance premium. And after receiving the results, choose the most acceptable option. Insurance premium (the amount in which you will be covered by auto insurance) depends on many factors, here are the most significant:
- Characteristics of the car (including its cost, year of manufacture)
- Types of damage you want to insure against(listed above). After all, you do not need to insure the car against all types of damage, for example, from theft, if the model of your car is not among the most frequently stolen.
- Installed alarm systems.
- Number of drivers on which insurance will be distributed, their age and driving experience.
- The availability of the franchise and its type (the amount of reimbursement,which you are willing to pay yourself). That is, if the damage inflicted on the car does not exceed the agreed amount, you repair the car for your own money, and apply to the insurance company only if the damage exceeds the size of the franchise. The presence of a franchise can significantly change the cost of insurance in a smaller direction. At the same time, you will have to pay an unconditional franchise on your own. For example, if the size of the franchise is 15,000 rubles, and the payment is 20,000 rubles, you will receive only 5000 rubles from the insurance company.
KASKO: the pros and cons
One, and perhaps the only significant disadvantage of CASCO, is its high cost. That is, you will incur additional costs for the maintenance of the car.
Many believe that they are first-class drivers,no one is insured against the accident, and even if you are not the culprit of the accident, under the MTPL policy maximum payment is 120 thousand rubles. And not always it covers the expenses necessary for repairs. In this case, under the CASCO policy you can expect a more substantial payment.
In another version. If all the same happened, and the culprit is you, then without the CASCO policy you have to repair the car at your own expense, which can hit hard on the budget. And at times exceed the amount you would have spent on the policy of CASCO.
And the cases when you left the house in the morning, and your car decently crumpled and disappeared? This is also the case, and in this case, Hull will also protect you from unforeseen expenses.
In addition, for policyholders of CASCOthere is a system for escorting clients in the event of an accident, which includes free services of Emergency Commissars (help with the registration of documents at the scene of the accident), and the evacuation of the car.
Thus, whether to do CASCO, each car owner decides for himself, weighing the benefits received for insurance, and the costs that will be incurred.