Coughing in children, treatment and symptoms
Cough in children, treatment of it - quite frequentphenomenon, if the house has a small child. Due to an imperfect immune system, the child often gets cold, and coughing occurs as a response to irritation of the respiratory tract. The "benefit" of a cough is that it releases the respiratory tract from mucus and sputum with pathogenic microorganisms or foreign bodies. Each child sometimes coughs and it does not cause much anxiety until he begins to cough constantly and is in pain, and overall health will worsen.
Troubling parents should have the following symptoms:
- if a fit of cough is observed with a large amount of accumulated sputum. This is usually associated with an infectious, inflammatory lesion of the respiratory tract.
- dry, persistent cough may be the cause of an allergic reaction, a harbinger of bronchitis with an asthmatic component.
- fever, malaise, combined with a cough, can indicate acute bronchitis or pneumonia.
- pain in the chest, a constant cough, an attack of suffocation can testify to a foreign body in the airways.
As can be seen from the above, cough can be a companion of many diseases. Therefore, it is very important to closely monitor the child to correctly describe the nature of the cough to the doctor.
Coughing in children, treatment and reasons
Cough in children can occur with the following diseases.
1. Infections of the upper respiratory tract. The upper respiratory tract includes the nasopharynx, the trachea and the upper part of the bronchi. When the infectious agent enters, irritation of the mucosa occurs and the formation of a large amount of mucus. There may be a runny nose, a sore throat and ears. The disease usually lasts several days and the outcome is recovery.
2. Infections of the lower respiratory tract. These include bronchitis, viral or bacterial pneumonia. With these diseases, the temperature is increased, the effects of intoxication, severe weakness and difficulty breathing are expressed. This includes inflammation of the bronchioles accompanied by wheezing and fever, and whooping cough, in which there is a violent, painful cough, and fever. Scheduled immunization can prevent the disease with whooping cough or greatly ease its course.
3. Foreign bodies in the respiratory tract. Foreign bodies can be small particles of food, seeds, nuts, beads, medicines, etc. This leads to a dry, persistent cough, which can be accompanied by pain in the chest.
4. False groats. It is characterized by a consistency in development. First there is a barking cough. Shortly before its onset, infection of the upper respiratory tract can occur. Then the cough increases, the child becomes sluggish. Coughing in children, treatment of it, if not start on time, the situation can worsen, breathing becomes difficult, fatigue and asthenia increase. Croup often appears in children aged from several months to five years.
5. Bronchial asthma. The cause of the disease is usually contact with the allergen. The disease can be harbingers (for example, itching on the face, neck, chest). Asthmatic cough appears after physical exertion, in the cold. Breathing while this superficial, wheezing, is characterized by shortness of breath. Due to lack of air, communication with the child is difficult.
6. There are many other diseases that can cause coughing in children, treatment will depend on the cause of the disease. It can appear with the inhalation of smoke, allergies to dust, animal hair, sweets, congenital anomalies in the development of the respiratory tract, heart pathology.
Recipes for cough for children
When dry cough caused by viralor bacterial infection, alkaline inhalation or inhalation with an expectorant is good. The child can be offered an alkaline drink. Apply expectorant drugs orally in tabletted form or syrup (lazolvan, ambroxol, bromhexine, etc.), they dilute sputum and promote its better separation. If symptoms of intoxication are expressed, bronchitis or pneumonia develops, antibiotics must be prescribed.
Cough herbs were widely spreadfor children. With a painful dry cough apply the root of the althaea or licorice. Licorice, in addition to expectorant action, has the ability to stimulate immunity. Herbs are used in the form of syrups or prepare a decoction of dry raw materials.
You can brew pork collection, which contains a few herbs. It can be mother-and-stepmother, licorice, thyme, mint and other herbs.
As a distraction, use mustard plasters on the chest, warming ointments, warm foot baths.