10 anniversary rubles: a list of rare coins with photos
Numismatists - people who collect rare, expensive or just unusual coins have always existed. And now they can also be found among their relatives and friends. The meaning of their classes is not clear to everyone. However, this does not upset numismatists at all, and with unprecedented zeal they “hunt” for a new interesting specimen.
The only sad thing is that among the true connoisseurs there are also ordinary people, thirsting for money alone. They, too, are struggling to find a unique coin. But they do it in order to sell it profitably.
In any case, whatever the goal of the numismatist, we prepared for him a list of all the existing commemorative 10 rubles. And we will talk about which banknotes of such dignity are most valued.
Types of anniversary ten-ruble coins
We run into money everywhere: in shops, public transport, church and other places. And sometimes we do not pay attention to the fact that in our hands was not a regular coin or bill, but, for example, a jubilee or a foreign one.However, even without being a numismatist, each of us knows perfectly well that Russian ten-ruble banknotes are of two types:
- Bimetallic. The first of them was minted by the mint for the anniversary of the 55th anniversary of the victory in the Great Patriotic War. It happened in 2000. It was then that the new “ten-ruble”, which replaced the paper banknotes, entered into general use and immediately fell in love with numismatists, as well as ordinary citizens and tourists. They represent such a disk with a diameter of twenty-seven millimeters. Its central part is made of nickel silver, and the rim is made of brass. The thickness of such a banknote "10 anniversary rubles" is 2.1 mm. Well, weight - 8.4 g.
- Metallic. Their Central Bank of the Russian Federation began to produce in 2010. Such coins are slightly smaller in diameter than the previous ones. They are made of steel, and then coated with a galvanic brass coating. The diameter of the banknote, which is a circular disc with a thickness of 2.2 mm, is twenty-two millimeters. Weight - 5.63 g.
Ten ruble coin series
Jubilee collections of unusual “dozens” were minted by Moscow and St. Petersburg mints. In total there are just over one hundred and fifty copies. And each is unique and interesting in its own way.All of them are divided into several series. For example, in the bimetallic commemorative coins "10 rubles" are presented the following:
- "The 200th anniversary of the formation of ministries in Russia" - seven pieces.
- "Ancient cities" - thirty eight pieces.
- "Subjects of the Russian Federation" - forty-five pieces.
- "Significant dates and events" - seven pieces.
It all began with a coin dedicated to the 55th anniversary of the Victory in the Great Patriotic War, released in spring 2000. Invented her design artist Alexander Baklanov. Circulation amounted to twenty million pieces minted by Moscow and St. Petersburg mints. You can see this banknote in the photo below. Although most people, he is already well known.
Metal commemorative coins of Russia "10 rubles" are represented by the following collections:
- "Entry into the Russian Federation" - two pieces.
- "Universiade in Kazan" - two pieces.
- "Significant dates and events" - six pieces.
- "Cities of Military Glory" - forty-five pieces.
"New" coins in denominations of ten rubles replaced the previous one in 2010, as we said above. And the first banknote was dedicated to the 65th anniversary of the Victory in the Great Patriotic War.Circulation - ten million copies.
We presented a general picture of the varieties of ten-ruble commemorative coins. Now we offer the reader to study each collection separately.
Series “200th anniversary of the ministries in Russia”
This collection of commemorative 10 rubles was minted by the St. Petersburg Mint in 2002. It presents only seven original banknotes devoted to the ministries of the Russian Federation. Perhaps some attentive readers will be surprised at such a figure, because at present in Russia there are much more government bodies in a separate field of activity. But since the series was prepared for the bicentennial since the creation of the first ministries, eight of them were created in 1802 under Alexander I, and a little later, seven, since it was decided to merge two of them, the number of coins had to be made appropriate.
So, in this series the following commemorative 10 rubles are presented:
- Ministry of Justice of Russia.
- Ministry of Economic Development of Russia.
- Ministry of Finance of Russia.
- Ministry of Education of Russia.
- Russian Foreign Ministry.
- Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia.
- Ministry of Defense - Russian Ministry of Defense - Armed Forces.
The circulation of coins in each collection amounted to five million copies. Therefore, they are not too common in everyday life. And this means that they cannot be called the most expensive anniversary 10 rubles. Nevertheless, it is still possible to make money by selling such a banknote. Especially if you wait some time when the coins "settle" on wallets and personal collections.
Series "Ancient Cities"
This collection also appeared in 2002. Moreover, it was minted not only in the Northern capital of Russia, but also in the golden-domed Moscow. Therefore, the coins were stably stamped with a circulation of five or even ten million copies. In 2012-2013, the release, to the great regret of numismatists, ceased. However, in 2014 it continued again.
Annually produced no more than four new anniversary 10 rubles. Here are just a rare and, accordingly, expensive among them was not represented. Therefore, if you wish, they too can be easily obtained for delivery in any store.
But amateur numismatists will be able to collect for themselves an interesting collection with the image of such cities as:
- Great Ustyug.
- Staraya Russa.
- Velikiy Novgorod.
- Great Luke.
Series “Subjects of the Russian Federation”
The anniversary series of bimetallic commemorative coins of 10 rubles, the list of which we will present below, was launched in 2005. Both mints were also involved in its minting. Therefore, the circulation is either five or ten million pieces. With the exception of banknotes with the image:
- Perm region.
- Yamalo-Nenets Okrug.
Their release was engaged in the St. Petersburg Mint. But there was confusion, and there were only a hundred thousand pieces of coins. Therefore, they did not go into circulation, and immediately became the target of numismatists' hunting. After all, they are incredibly rare and are rightfully considered to be one of the most expensive anniversary coins “10 rubles”.
The rest banknotes are not so difficult to meet. Therefore, it’s not difficult to assemble a collection even for a child:
- Regions: Leningrad, Arkhangelsk, Kirov, Oryol, Tver, Chita, Voronezh, Amur, Irkutsk, Belgorod,Tambov, Kurgan, Ulyanovsk, Sakhalin, Rostov, Jewish Autonomous, Novosibirsk, Lipetsk, Sverdlovsk, Astrakhan, Chelyabinsk, Tyumen, Saratov, Penza.
- Republics: Tatarstan, Sakha (Yakutia), Ingushetia, Altai, Khakassia, Bashkortostan, Udmurt, Kabardino-Balkaria, Komi, Kalmykia, Adygea, Buryatia, Dagestan, North Ossetia.
- Edges: Krasnodar, Seaside.
- Moscow city.
- District: Nenets Autonomous.
Series "Cities of Military Glory"
If the previous collection of commemorative coins of Russia "10 rubles" was a disk, the central part of which is made of nickel silver, and the rim is made of brass, then this one looks completely different. After all, the coins dedicated to the cities of military glory, began to be produced in 2011 and made of steel with a special electroplating brass coating. And such subjects of the Russian Federation are depicted on them:
- Velikiy Novgorod.
- Great Luke.
- Old Oskol.
- Staraya Russa.
Each type of commemorative 10 rubles of Russia was issued in a circulation of ten million copies. Therefore, rare or expensive among them also not.
Small number of unusual "dozen"
The following collections include only two commemorative coins:
- The first is dedicated to the Universiade in Kazan. There is an emblem on one banknote, and a talisman on the other. Released in 2013.
- The second is timed to a significant event for Russia - the entry into the Russian Federation of Sevastopol and the Republic of Crimea. She was minted in 2014.
All copies are issued by the Mint of the Northern capital, with a circulation of ten million copies. In everyday life, they are quite common, so numismatists connoisseurs hunt him unnecessarily.
Series "Significant dates and events"
This series is presented as a bimetallic commemorative coins of 10 rubles, and steel. The embossing began in 2000. Circulation five or ten million copies. There are no rare or expensive specimens in the series.However, interest in numismatists and amateur collectors does not diminish this.
So, bimetallic bank notes are devoted to such events and dates:
- 55 Years of Victory in the Great Patriotic War of 1941–1945
- 40 years of space flight Yu. A. Gagarin.
- 60 Years of Victory in the Great Patriotic War of 1941–1945
- All-Russian population census.
- 70 Years of Victory in the Great Patriotic War - the sculpture "We will cut swords into plowshares" in New York.
- 70 Years of Victory in the Great Patriotic War - Monument to the Liberator Soldier in Berlin.
- 70 Years of Victory in the Great Patriotic War - Order of the Patriotic War.
Steel as follows:
- 65th Anniversary of Victory in the Great Patriotic War.
- 50 years of the first manned flight into space.
- 200 years of the victory of Russia in the Patriotic War of 1812.
- 1150 years of Russian statehood.
- 70 years of the Battle of Stalingrad.
- 20 years of adoption of the Constitution.
The most expensive commemorative coins "10 rubles"
From the moment the Central Bank launched various collections of original “ten-rubles”, not only coin collectors, but also ordinary people began to get involved in them. Starting from children and ending with retirees. Of course, for the most part, the maximum amount that can be earned for a sale is not so large, it will not exceed a hundred rubles. But for some copies you can get even a few thousand.About what affects the value of a collectible coin, let's talk in the current paragraph.
So, let us begin with the fact that, as we mentioned earlier, the three, which the St. Petersburg Mint issued in 2010, are considered rare and, accordingly, expensive 10 rubles commemorative coins. They depict the Perm region, the Chechen Republic and the Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Okrug. That is why such a unique series of “PNP” is called. Numismatists are ready to lay out at least seven to fifteen thousand rubles for each coin. Especially if it is well preserved or not at all in circulation.
It is also quite profitable to sell the ten-ruble coin "All-Russian Population Census". Of course, in this case the price will be significantly lower, only slightly higher than three hundred rubles. But it will exceed the nominal value by fifteen times, which is already quite good.
In addition, we recommend the reader to check your wallet and old piggy banks. Perhaps there will be a cherished commemorative 10 rubles, the list of which we have presented above. Then the banknotes of the “Ancient Cities” series can be offered to collectors for a hundred or two hundred rubles, and “Ministries” - for a hundred and fifty."Subjects of the Russian Federation" will easily go for fifty rubles, and "Cities of Military Glory" - for thirty.
Is it possible to make money by selling ten-ruble coins?
Above we have already listed the most expensive anniversary coins "10 rubles." However, if our reader carefully read the article, he remembers that their circulation was only one hundred thousand copies. Therefore, we can safely assume that it will be possible to sell the cherished coins every five hundred, or even a thousand more.
So, we already know that the cost of banknotes from collectors is affected by its circulation and safety. That's just not all the features that can help sell it profitably. To begin with, the coins dedicated to one or another subject of the Russian Federation are sent to that part of the country whose name they bear. Therefore, a resident of southern cities with a great joy will lay out a certain amount for a coin, arrived, for example, from the Far East, because in its homeland it will naturally be considered a rarity, and more expensive than in its native territory due to rare occurrence.
In addition, over time, many commemorative 10 rubles, the photos of which we presented in the article, “settle down” in home collections or are deposited as memories.From this number of banknotes in circulation is significantly reduced, coins are found less and less. So, more and more people rush to find them. Accordingly, the price of such coins is rapidly going up.
One more important factor influencing the cost of “ten rubles” for numismatists-connoisseurs is her marriage. However strange it may sound. If the coin is minted incorrectly, twice, with a shift, with a turn of one hundred and eighty degrees, etc., it can be sold very well. For example, the most expensive 10 rubles, which came under a coining press twice, were sold for twenty thousand. Thus, for any defect that distinguishes a coin from a regular one, you can gain a good amount. That is why some enterprising people are trying to embellish the "ten-ruble" at home. And then give it up for a unique manufacturing defect.
So, the list of commemorative coins “10 rubles” is quite extensive, which means that there is a high probability to find an unusual and expensive copy.